Can I hire this vehicle?
In order to hire this horsebox you must comply with the following:
• Complete the hirer insurance questionnaire (see below to download).
• Obtain code from DVLA to enable your driving licence to be
checked by Herts Horsebox Hire. If you have a UK licence you can
obtain a code here www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence you will need
your driving licence and NI number.
• Be age between 23 to 75 years.
• Hold and produce a full UK, EU or Channel Islands Licence (for the
weight of vehicle hired) must be held for 2 years.
• Produce photo ID (driving licence photo card or passport is
• Two years recent regular UK driving experience.
• Supply 2 proofs of address (which must match the address given
at time of booking) these must be less than 3 months old. Your
address also must match the address on your driving licence
otherwise further ID will be required.
• No more than 6 motoring conviction points in past five years.
• Have no criminal convictions (motoring or otherwise).
• In the last three years, not to have had more than one fault
accident or more than two non-fault accidents (a fault accident is
where a 100% recovery of all costs has NOT been made).
• Must not have had any insurance declined, cancelled, renewal
refused, or special terms imposed.
• Not be a professional within the entertainment or theatrics
business or be a student or undergraduate under the age of 25 or
foreign services personnel born outside of the UK.
• Not use the horsebox for hire and reward.
• All hirers must agree and sign the Horsebox Rental Contract
terms & conditions of hire (see below to download).